April 6, 2020
Northford, Conn., - There’s never been a better time to become an online teacher. The number of students going to school online has been growing at double digit rates for the past decade. We are excited to be in the hiring process for the 2020-2021 season. The Elite Hockey Academy is hiring a Certified Teacher with the ability to be an Assistant Coach of the boys Midget Program 18U or 16U levels.
Hockey assists in all aspects of the team including coaching, motivating, mentoring, recruiting and program administration. Knowledge of ice hockey skills and strategy and the ability to effectively teach them; ability to motivate and effectively communicate with young student-athletes; willingness and ability to actively recruit qualified candidates to Elite Hockey Academy; commitment to being a positive member of the Academic/Athletic Department.
The teaching position will be teaching student from grades 9-12. The teacher will not be responsible for creating the students academic curriculum. The online curriculum will be taught through Odysseyware . The teacher will provide support with the skills to translate traditional online course material in ways that are understood in the online environment to the student. The teacher is also acts as a mentor or counselor, who answer questions and provide emotional encouragement for online students. The teacher must be comfortable with computers, Internet technology and, increasingly, social and mobile media. If you have a teaching credential from another state, you may be able to use an interstate reciprocity program to become certified in Connecticut.
- Dedicated and passionate state - certified Coach/Teacher
- Full time teaching position and assistant coaching position at 18U/16U levels
- Full time position: August 17, 2020 to March 12, 2021
- Ability to work well in a team environment and in high pressure situations
- Establish community outreach program for players to interact with local youth players and programs
- Experience in coaching ice hockey and ability to motivate and effectively communicate with young student-athletes
- Willingness and ability to actively recruit qualified candidates to Elite Hockey Academy
- Administrative skills such as prioritization and organization are a must
- Bachelor’s degree and an approved teacher education program.
- Salary is commensurate with experience
Please apply to Peter Alden, Director of Elite Hockey Academy with a resume, and 3 references no later than July 1, 2020. Salary is commensurate with experience. Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.