Notre Dame High School is a college preparatory high school known for its distinguished academic program, unwavering school pride, and profound sense of community. An honors program, AP classes, and courses that count for college credit position students for acceptance at first-rate colleges and universities – and their record of success is strong. Traditionally 99 percent of graduates go on to college.
We understand that developmentally teenagers are still in the process of figuring out strategies necessary to reach optimal student success. Our commitment to the players’ academic success is as much as a focus as their hockey success!
Notre Dame students become the ideal leaders for our rapidly-changing world; young men who are confident in their abilities and ready to define their own success. Students benefit from our:
The Elite Hockey Academy strongly believes in our culture and consistency. In order to develop a more complete student-athlete, we focus our energy on individual player development and teach our players to understand how their role fits into the identity of the team’s success.
At Notre Dame, we value Tradition, Innovation, and Transformation. Tradition is our foundation. Innovation is our guide. Transformation is our goal.
These hallmarks of a Notre Dame education promote innovative teaching methods and a focus on moral character development, offered in a setting where quality, consistency, and stability matter. In an environment attentive to the learning styles that are best suited to young men, the gifts and talents of each student have an opportunity to develop, mature, and shine.
Highlights of the Notre Dame Experience:
● Talented faculty understand and embrace different learning styles, challenging each student to reach his highest potential.
● Our trimester schedule promotes varied instructional methods, critical thinking, and expanded opportunities for elective courses.
● Google Apps for Education is our educational platform that enhances student-to-student and teacher-to-student engagement.
● National recognition for innovation in curriculum and instruction recognizes our commitment to academic excellence.
● Guidance counselors provide “Face2Face” support and direction beginning with each student’s initial course registration through his ND graduation. He is guided and personally known during his high school journey, leading him to the best choice in a college or university.
● Our interdisciplinary Moreau Honors Program, Advanced Placement courses, courses for college credit, group learning projects, and individual support services through the Skills Center accommodate a wide range of intellectual ability and prepare every student for his college years.
● State-of-the art facilities including our new Arts, Technology, and Spiritual Center, four renovated science classrooms, lighted turf practice field, and resurfaced track and practice field in front of the school (Fall 2015) demonstrate our commitment to all aspects of student life.
In partnership with parents — and with curriculum, character, and community as foundational — Notre Dame cultivates habits of the mind, heart, and spirit that transform students for a lifetime. It’s our Holy Cross tradition and it’s what sets us apart.