Job Posting: HEAD AND ASSISTANT COACHES for 2022-2023
Are you looking for a rewarding position with the opportunity to gain valuable experience working in a strong hockey community?
Elite Hockey Academy (EHA), a tier 1 hockey program out of Nortford, CT, is looking for qualified head and assistant coaches at various levels (mites to midgets).
Summary of responsibilities:
The head and assistant coaches are responsible for the overall experience of the players on your team. Both the head and assistant coaches are a critical part of the building process and play an active role in enrolling hockey players into the program along with promoting student-athletes from the program into higher levels.
Head and assistant coaches work together in the development and implementation of all on-ice activities and work with the training staff on off-ice team activities and training programs. Coaches must demonstrate strong communication, administrative, organizational and time management skills.
The successful candidates will develop and implement weekly practice schedules and yearly practice plans. They are responsible for on-ice practice sessions, develop team tactics and strategies, prepare players for games, manage the bench in-game situations, and prepare written and verbal player evaluations.
As education is also very important to us, you will be monitoring student athlete’s academic and personal growth utilizing evaluation and progress reports.
• Knowledgeable in hockey in the local Tri-State area, New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
• Self-starting, energetic, individual with passion and interest in coaching.
• USA Coaching Level 1 certification or higher depending on age level interested in coaching.
• Successful completion of all associated USA Hockey modules, Safe Sport, and required background checks.
• Professional, Collegiate, Prep or Junior Hockey playing experience required.
• Prior coaching experience required.
• Clean Driver’s License required.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to Palden@EliteHockeyAAA.com.