Dear EHA Families,
With Thanksgiving behind us, and the new CT Covid Regulations regarding youth sports in full force, we continue to look for ways to keep our EHA players engaged, inspired and developing.
As everyone is aware, these are very challenging times for all of us. We are attempting to continue to deliver safe, meaningful and high quality product to each of you, notwithstanding these obstacles. Following, please find some updates and things to keep in mind:
- We expect that CHC will extend the season by 8 weeks, to make up for the 8 week pause that Governor Lamont has imposed. Hockey in CT would then go until the end of April (no longer the end of February). We are waiting to officially hear this from CHC.
- We have not yet heard what AYHL is planning.
- At this point, we are neither pro-rating nor refunding any portion of the season. We fully expect the season to be extended. You will still get your full 6 months of hockey, but there’s a “pause” of 8 weeks in the middle of it. (Should we not have a full season, we will pro-rate at the end of the season).
- We are offering “4 skaters to 1 coach” “Get after it!” sessions, starting this Thursday, 12/3/20. An email with details and a registration link will be sent out shortly.
- Because you should still be getting a full hockey season, we need to separately cover the costs for the “4 skaters to 1 coach” sessions. These sessions have been priced strictly to cover the costs. Northford has worked with us. Everyone is doing the best they can to make 4 people on the ice per hour make sense financially. Please remember that these “4 to 1” sessions are optional, and currently the best we can do with CT regulations.
- We will also be starting up our “Get after it!” workout sessions with Sheriden Lawley. Please be on the lookout for that email.
Thank you as always for your continued support! We are all in this together – let’s work hard to motivate and inspire each other!!
Peter N. Alden