December 17, 2019
Guilford, Conn., - The Elite Hockey Program is excited to open coaching opportunities to prospective coaches for the 2020-2021 season.
Job Titles: Head Coaches & Assistant Coaches
Department: Midgets, Bantams, Pee Wee, Squirts
Primary Rink: Northford Ice Pavilion, Northford, CT
Full League Members: Atlantic Youth Hockey League (AYHL), East Coast Elite League (ECEL), Connecticut Hockey Conference (CHC).
Coaches Report To: Peter Alden
Basic Function: Act in an head or assistant coach capacity for Elite Hockey Program/Academy teams for the 2020-2021 season.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, organizing and running effective, high-tempo practices
- Contribute to system work, special teams and general skill development
- Help schedule, plan and run team meetings and events
- Teach athletes in individual and group settings
- Conduct opponent pre-scouts, including system breakdown and player summaries
- Video analysis of opponents and game breakdown
- Coordinate team travel, schedule team meals, pre-game skates, etc…
- Supervise and manage players in locker room, weight room, and other like settings
- Assist academic advisor in regulating school attendance, grades, and school policies
- Act as a liaison to billet families and conduct daily curfew calls
- Work with goaltending coach with on-ice skill development during goalie sessions
- Other duties as assigned
- Citizen of the United States
- 2-4 years of coaching experience, preferred
- Experience playing at the junior, collegiate or professional level
- Understanding of video software technologies, such as XOS
- Computer literate, including knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of USA Hockey rules and regulations
- AYHL and ECEL travel required - Domestic
Availability: Position runs from August 15, 2020 through March 15, 2021 and is based in Northford, Connecticut.
Application Procedure: To apply, email a letter of application, current resume, what age group preferred and list of two references to Peter Alden at Palden@EliteHockeyAAA.com.