Guilford, Conn. - The Elite Hockey Program season is officially under way! Now that we are two months into the season and look ahead to the winter months, the Elite Hockey Program has already shown drastic improvements on the ice and in the classroom.
- The 18U squad currently sits tied for first place in the ECEL standings with a 3-1 record, as well as third in the AYHL standings. Having gone 9-2-0 in their last 11 games, they look to continue their hot streak as they clinched a New England Regional bid, defeating the Selects Academy 5-2 during their state playoffs.
- The 16U Premier team also has been playing well of late with a record of 8-1-1 in their last 10 games. They're currently 3rd in the ECEL standings and 5th in the AYHL, one point behind the last playoff spot. They will take their talents to the New England Regional from November 8-10.
- The end of October was great to the 16U American team, sweeping the Springfield Pics in their home-and-home matchups on October 26th & 27th. Their offense was firing on all cylinders and was coupled by great defensive play, outscoring their opponents 18-8 in their last three games. On November 3rd, they knocked off top-ranked AYHL opponent NJ Colonials 4-2 on the road.
- The 13U squad combined for a full team effort to gain back crucial points in the AYHL standings, as they were successful in earning 3 of 4 points against the NJ Titans and making a statement in knocking off in-state rivals CT Wolfpack 6-1 this past Sunday, November 3rd. Up next, the 13s are looking to build on their momentum, hosting a trio of games this upcoming weekend.
Prep Academy Update
Our student-athletes are busy working on balancing a rigorous academic workload with one of the busiest sections of their hockey schedule. Time management, self-discipline and setting goals to keep on track have come to the forefront. Through all of this, the students were still able to give back to the community by helping out with a mite hockey team practice and also volunteering to work at the local Branford Soup Kitchen, helping people in need. There will be more community service opportunities coming up that help drive our vision developing leadership and compassion in these young men. Additionally, we now have four subject area study groups that are led by one of our top students and facilitated by one of the staff members, giving our students opportunities to hone their leadership skills. We’re also developing a peer mentoring program that will pair students together for more effective studying. The staff, along with the students, are now making the drive toward finishing a strong first marking period.
- Mitch Brown, Jessemyn Libero, Teresa Garceau
EPA Students of the Month
1.) Jacob DiFonzo
2.) Daniel Niewiarwicz
3.) Charlie Cocuzzo
4.) Daniel Burg
In the Community
This Veteran's Day, the Elite Prep Academy students will be participating in a leaf and yard clean up for local diabled veterans. This is a great chance for the boys to give back and say thank you to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice and fought for our freedom.
-Lincoln Hatten (WBS Knights) is off to a hot start this season for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton in the NAHL, leading the league in points (24) and goals (13) through 17 games played.
USA New England District Regionals
November 8th - 10th, Marlboro, MA
18U | 16U Premier Teams
November 23rd - 29th
ECEL Holiday Classic
November 30 - December 2nd, Northford, CT
18U | 16U | 15U
For more information on the Elite Hockey Program and player opportunities, please visit www.EliteHockeyProgram.com or email Peter Alden at Palden@EliteHockeyAAA.com.